NRF Industry Breakfast: TAFE Showcase – Skilling for Recovery
We invite you to attend our next NRF Industry Breakfast which will be hosted by TAFE who will be showcasing their “Skilling For Recovery” Breakfast at the Nightcap Restaurant, TAFE Wollongbar.
TAFE are hosting this special industry breakfast and invite the local food & beverage industry to be their guest with a free breakfast & showcase!
Nightcap Restaurant is the training restaurant for TAFE Wollongbar tourism, hospitality and cookery students. It is situated high on the Alstonville plateau with beautiful views to the Nightcap Ranges in the north.
The students (most are recipients of a Destination Australia scholarship for commercial cookery) will be cooking up a specially themed “International” breakfast for their guests from the food & beverage industry, which will focus on locally sourced food ingredients.
The Students will be designing, preparing and serving the breakfast and we will hear about what they can offer local food & beverage businesses.
We will also hear about some of the current initiatives on offer from TAFE for the local food & beverage industry, including:
- The range of coursework available in food service, brewing & distilling, food processing, bush foods & agriculture areas;
- How businesses can access wage subsidies of 50% for apprentices and trainees;
- How TAFE can meet your training needs & how you can ensure your staff are job-ready to support and grow your business; and
- Outline some of the new fee free coursework currently on offer!
After the breakfast, TAFE invite you to come along on a quick tour of the premises, including their:
- commercial kitchen facilities
- the outdoor kitchen area
- the orchards & gardens (where some of the food from breakfast will be sourced).
Note: the breakfast is free and open to all in the local food & beverage industry. No number limits apply per business but registering is essential to ensure we manage numbers for COVID safety.
Please confirm any special dietary requirements prior to the event by email to Anne at email@example.com