Harvest FestivalCelebrate our abundant local food - Northern Rivers Food style
Check out the full program
(note: 5MB file)
The Northern Rivers Food Harvest Festival is all about connecting people with real food on real farms. The Festival provides locals and visitors with an opportunity to sample fresh and beautifully prepared food by renowned local chefs, hear how it is grown and pay homage to our much loved local food producers!
In 2019 we’re excited to be expanding the Northern Rivers Food Harvest Festival to a 12 day celebration – with an Opening Event at the soon-to-be opened Husk Distillers at North Tumbulgum, our inaugural Harvest Autumn Fair at the North Byron Parklands and the return of our Harvest Trail.
Between these key events, Northern Rivers Food members will be showcasing a series of local food tours, dinners and food experiences, from paddock to plate and seed to flower!
- Opening Event – Husk Farm Distillery at North Tumbulgum – Wednesday 24 April 2019 SOLD OUT
- Farms & Foodies bus tour – Friday 26 April 2019
- Northern Rivers Food Harvest Autumn Fair – North Byron Parklands – Saturday 27 April 2019
- Breweries & Distilleries bus tour – Sunday 28 April 2019
- Fundamentals of Cheese-making with Kat Harvey – Tuesday 30 April 2019
- Barrio’s Slinging Plates dinner – Tuesday 30 April 2019
- Nelly le Comte Food Photography and Social Media workshop – Thursday 2 May 2019
- The Spotted Pig’s Year of the Pig dinner – Friday 3 May 2019
- Brookfarm Long Table Orchard Breakfast – Saturday 4 May 2019
- Bhavana Organic Farm + Cooking School’s cooking class – Saturday 4 May 2019
- Taverna Harvest Luncheon – Saturday 4 May 2019
- Open Table Cooking School’s Moroccan Banquet cooking class – Sunday 5 May 2019
- Bombay Cricketer’s Club Harvest Luncheon – Sunday 5 May 2019
- Harvest Market Day at Mavis’s Kitchen & Cabins – Sunday 5 May 2019
- Northern Rivers Food Harvest Trail – across the Northern Rivers – Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 May 2019
Behind the Scenes
The Harvest Festival is operated by Northern Rivers Food, a not for profit, industry body run by the people who are putting their heart and soul into marketing and developing food businesses from Grafton to Tweed. The Harvest Festival is the key fundraiser of Northern Rivers Food each year, all proceeds are directed back into NRF to be used to help promote and market the Northern Rivers food industry.
NRF have a whole team of volunteers behind the scenes who take time out of their own business to bring the Harvest Festival to life each year. View our Harvest committee here.
To get involved in the NRF Harvest Festival please contact NRF’s Executive Officer Allison Henry on 0410 690 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Small Print
Unless otherwise stated on individual event listings and booking sites:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Bookings may be cancelled up to 14 days prior to the event and receive a full refund, however an administration charge of $15 per ticket will apply.
- Inside 14 days 100% cancellation fees apply and no refund will be provided.
- A no-show at any event or activity will be considered a cancellation and no refund will apply.